In 2012, I retired from a successful and gratifying 24-year career in Alameda County Law Enforcement. What followed was an extended sabbatical that included lots of national and international travel (long overdue!).
Beyond the sites and destinations, my most cherished memories were the bonds I formed with people whose primary job was to facilitate my trips, such as airport personal, hotel staff, waiters, bar tenders and (of course!) tour guides and shuttle drivers.
The payoff from my travels was the realization of what I wanted to do post-sabbatical: start a business that provides customized ground transportation services for individuals and small groups bound for local Bay Area destinations (the creative origins of OG Charter & Tours).
Meet OG Charter & Tours
OG Charter & Tours (OGCT) is the small business I founded in the summer of 2018. Me and my cherished bus Stella provide chartered transportation services for clientele throughout the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
Named after and inspired by an “Original Group” (OG) of highly influential people in my life, the company fulfills the dream of starting my own leisure business and honoring those who inspired me along the way.
- Founder, OG Charter & Tours (2018-Present)
- Public Bus and Private Shuttle Driver (2015-2019)
- Alameda County Deputy Sheriff (1988-2012)
- Master of Arts: Organizational Management, University of Phoenix
- Bachelor of Science: Political Science, Santa Clara University
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- Paralegal Studies
- Ordained Wedding Officiant
- Travel, food & culture
- Jazz, Blues, R&B, Country, Broadway, Gospel and Christmas music
- Fine cigars and spirits
- Human, racial and judicial equality
- LGBTQ causes